Monday, October 3, 2011

Never Enough by Lauren Dane

Posted by Unknown at 12:01 AM
Excellent Reading

Never Enough by Lauren Dane is the fourth installment in the Brown Sibling Series. This novel is Adrian’s story and HEA. His female counterpart is Gillian Forrester. She is a complicated heroine who has escaped a nasty past and is ever-hopeful that it will not catch up to her. Adrian is the Brown sibling who we have followed through the series who the successful famous musician who offers sage advice and, despite his fame and career, is the character that has remained consistent throughout the series. It is about time he found his happiness.

I like the way Lauren Dane connected the two main characters through Miles, Gillian and Adrian’s son. Gillian adopted Miles when he was an infant from her sister who wanted nothing to do with him aside from peripheral status due to her selfishness and life style choices. When Gillian’s sister is on her death bed she reveals who the father of Gillian’s child is after keeping this fact a secret from the time Miles was born.

Gillian attempts to do the right thing by Miles and Miles’ father (Adrian) by attempting to contact him with his paternity. However, the news is not received well by Adrian since he has been on the receiving end of a costly and unjust paternity suit in the past, not to mention the many loonies who have tried to get to him and use him because of his star status. However, the sparks between Adrian and Gillian ignite immediately despite or in addition to the situation.

This relationship is full of heat, genuine emotion and the need for acceptance by a partner who is the perfect complement to the other. I absolutely loved this story and the interaction of Adrian’s family dynamics which make this series so addicting. The way Ms. Dane made Gillian’s friends into a surrogate family for her and Miles was equally touching and important to the plot in Never Enough. The only thing that was off-putting was that the advent of the ending occurred too quickly. I am on pins and needles until Ms. Dane’s next book in this series comes out next year. I cannot wait to read about the Brown Siblings and what is going on in their lives. If you are a fan of the Brown Siblings and have followed this series from the beginning, you will not want to miss this installment.


 Happy Reading from Bona Fide Reflections!!


7 comments:

bittenbyromance on October 3, 2011 at 8:00 AM said...

Great review. I hope to read this one one day.

_yay_ on October 3, 2011 at 11:57 AM said...

Shame on me. I saw the cover around the bloggerverse and thought: Nope, not my thing. Don't like the male cover model very much.
Having read your review; I'm pretty sure I will give it a try after all.
_yay_ @ BookthatThing!

DarienMoya on October 3, 2011 at 5:31 PM said...

I have read up to book 2, and have been saying that I really need to get caught up in the series again.

Loved Laid Bare, so I will be finishing up this series soon.

Sebella Blue on October 4, 2011 at 11:34 AM said...

Lauren's books are terrific and this is in my TBR stack. Now I might have to move it up a few notches. Darn you and your reviews.....I already get NO sleep.

Tyraa on October 4, 2011 at 11:42 PM said...

I have so many books to catch up on, this one is one of them. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ITTTTTT.

Francesca on October 6, 2011 at 7:00 AM said...

Great review! Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this was the last official installment. *sniff*

Francesca

Megan@Riverina Romantics on October 10, 2011 at 2:45 AM said...

Great review! I've never read anything by Lauren Dane.