Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Posted by Unknown at 12:00 AM




Excellent!

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James is another stunner of a novel and a great ending to her Fifty Shades Trilogy.  Even though Chrisitan and Ana are now married, the excitement and intensity between the couple has not diminished. In fact, I think it was stepped up a notch. To add some levity to the serious issues dealt with in the novel are Ana’s inner goddess and subconscious and the snarky e-mail diatribes between Christian and Ana.

As the happy couple are enjoying their phenomenal honeymoon abroad, they still have Christian’s mercurial emotional swings and possessiveness to deal with. That being said, it adds to the voracity of the on-going healing process that Christian must face in order to heal. It is Ana’s love, understanding, and many compromises that continue to help him dig out of his dark emotional hole. 

While trying to deal with his inner demons, Ana has some personal battles of her own to wage. Even though it is her deepest wish to set Christian free from his personal demons, she finds herself needing to exert her independence and fight for some autonomy so that she continues to be her own person, not his possession.Adding to the angsty issues in the relationship is the antagonistic plot of the who-done-it portion of the story that began in the previous books in this trilogy. Running these two distinct plots side by side makes reading this book doubly enjoyable.

E.L. James is a wonderful story teller. Her voice is smooth and keeps the story going like a well oiled machine. Once you start, it is hard to put Ms. James‘ book down.  She gives her stories eroticism, emotional poignancy, humor and peppers it all with suspense to keep her readers very entertained.


Fifty Shades Freed is the perfect finish to the trilogy. The ONLY complaint I have is that Ana and Christian’s story has come to a conclusion. I know I can revisit them when by re-reading this series; but, it is just not the same.  I lament the fact that their story has come to an end. I highly recommend this book to all romance readers; however, I really think you should read the first two books in the trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker) to get the full impact of this story. This novel will mean so much more to you as a reader when you become completely invested in these two characters. 

Happy Reading from Bona Fide Reflections!!

(ARC provided by TWCS for an honest review)

2 comments:

Unknown on February 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM said...

I loved this trilogy! I'm gonna miss it :-( The books are hard to put down and they are so emotional yet hot.

Unknown on February 21, 2012 at 8:02 AM said...

I didn't like Ana enough to move past the first book. I find myself reading reviews of the other 2 though. I like Christian. So I see how he is doing by reading other review. I know it's crazy.

I'm also convinced I'm the only soul out there who did not LOVE this series.

Great review & thanks for sharing!