Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rode Hard, Put Up Wet, Rough Riders #2 by Lorelei James

Posted by Unknown at 2:42 AM
Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2)Rode Hard, Put Up Wet by Lorelei James

My rating: 4 Hearts


Lorelei James does it again in her second installment of the Rough Riders series. She offers sensual cowboy delight with true emotion. This story is about two couples - Gemma and Cash, Macie and Carter. Basically you get two delectable tales of passion and love. Gemma and Cash's story offers the insight of love for a couple that is more mature in age than most stories of the romance genre offer. I found this aspect of the story very satisfying because this is not an age group that is exploited when it should be. Love transcends age. It should be more glorified than it is. The other romance paralleling Gemma and Cash is juxtaposed against Carter and Macie who are two old introspective souls in their twenties whose passion leads to finding love and acceptance in each others arms. Rode Hard, Put Up Wet was a really good contemporary narrative of love from different perspectives with a lot of spice fused into the stories. Whoo-ee! For those of you who love your romance extra spicy, put on your cowboy hat on and hang on for the ride! You won't regret it.

Here are some of my favorite lines from the book:
  •  Her head spun like a windmill. The way her skin vibrated, it seemed he was touching every inch of her bare flesh, yet his hands hadn’t strayed. He took his own sweet time exploring her mouth. Gauging the change in her heart rate with just a flick of his thumb as the deep kiss became wetter. Hotter.
  • He kissed her like she was air, like she was food, like she was everything.
  • Macie had never been so scared or so hopeful or so paralyzed by emotion in her life. Carter began to walk toward her. “Be brave, Macie. Fight for me. Love me. Accept what I’m offerin’ you. Take a chance on me.”

Happy Reading from Bona Fide Reflections!!

View all my reviews


2 comments:

Nissie on July 13, 2011 at 3:30 AM said...

Great review, Laurie! I love this series so far :)

Unknown on July 13, 2011 at 9:02 AM said...

I really liked Cash and I like how Lorelei James can change up someone's speech so you know it them talking. I agree, it was nice to read about a mature couple. Not all cowboys need to be 25. I think that is one of the reasons I loved this book so much.
Great review.
MichelleKCanada
http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspot.com/