Saturday, July 9, 2011

Delicate Freakn' Flower by Eve Langlais

Posted by Unknown at 9:36 PM
Delicate Freakn' Flower
My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Delicate Freakn' Flower by Eve Langlais is about a young, werewolf woman named Naomi who grew up in a household with five brothers who tended to get scrappy a lot around the house. The violence inherent in the male animal shape-shifters to disclose deep feeling in her childhood home did not lend itself to Martha Stewart type decorating or sensibilities. So, her mom had to “make do” to with mismatching dishes and sturdy, well worn furniture.

Naomi is bound and determined to find a nice, intelligent, quiet, non-violent human male for a mate when she is ready to settle down. She just wants a home where she can have nice things and know they will not end up in pieces at the end of the day. Despite her “delicate” needs, Naomi knows how to scrap with the best of the shifter population, especially since she had to deal with five older werewolf brothers growing up.

However, fortune has other plans in mind for Naomi once she is, quite literally, smacked in the face with the “injustice” of discovering she has two sexy shifter lacrosse players for mates. Ethan is a Kodiak bear and Javier is a jaguar. Naomi cringes inside at the thought of being tied to two dumb, though very sexy, shifters for the rest of her life. As time passes, Naomi is left wondering if there isn’t more to her mates than first met the eye.

The only reason I was not able to give 4 stars to the story was that I would get weary of Naomi’s calamitous attitude at times. On the whole, Delicate Freakn' Flower was a very gratifying shifter-love story. It provided humor, loyalty, two sexy tenacious men , steamy love, and moments of tenderness. Eve Langlais is fast becoming an author I trust to entertain me in the paranormal romance genre.

Some of my favorite lines from the novel are:

  • ... the impressive speed and strength displayed by the lacrosse players—two in particular—made her girly parts tingle. Even more surprising, something about these males made her inner wolf yip in excitement. -- *snickers* @ girly parts
  • She wanted to hate that he kept destroying her stereotypical view of a jock, but instead she grudgingly liked him more and more. The jerk.
  • She wished she owned a mental muzzle for her inner wolf who spun in circles woofing while she chased her tail giddily.

Happy Reading from Bona Fide Reflections!!



View all my reviews



2 comments:

Sebella Blue on July 9, 2011 at 10:48 PM said...

I loved this book, and I agree, Eve is fast becoming one of my favorite writers. She reminds me a little of Shelly Laurenston. Hybrid Misfit was very similar, and I loved that as well.

Unknown on July 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM said...

I have Hybrid Misfit on my TBR list. I am definitely reading that very soon. Eve reminds me of Shelly Laurenston, as well.