Friday, April 29, 2011

Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning

Posted by Unknown at 9:58 AM
Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1)Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning was a disappointing read. I have been trying to figure out why. The reviews were very promising and I was looking forward to reading this story. So, after a lot of analysis on my part, I came to the conclusion that the author created a disconnect. The crux of the issue is Myrna and Brian's relationship seems trite and thrown together rather than genuine, especially for 80% of the book. There was no emotional "glue" to keep the reader believing the feelings Brian felt for Myrna were truly earned, IMO. There was just ardent sex (very luscious carnality - the only good part of the book). It was not until the end when I started to feel genuine interest in their relationship.

The secondary characters in the book were actually the most interesting part of the book. Their characters were better developed. As curious as I may be to read the next book about Sed - the lead singer and leader of the Sinners, I am not going to waste my money on another potentially disappointing read.

View all my reviews



1 comments:

Samantha on May 1, 2011 at 12:42 PM said...

Oh I soo loved this book! I'm sorry you didn't though. :( I think it's one of those books that you kind of have to be in "that kind of mood" *wink* if ya know what I mean. lol