Monday, December 5, 2011

NaNoWriMo Week 4 - The Home Stretch

Posted by Unknown at 10:30 PM






Logo courtesy of Kyla Holt
Well, NaNoWriMo is officially over. But, Kendra with Reader's Edyn and I have one more post aside from this one we will be sharing to complete the blogging experience of NaNoWriMo.  This week my NaNoWriMo published author is none other than.... 

K.T. Grant.
KT Grant is a self-proclaimed eccentric redhead who not only loves to read a wide variety of romances, but also loves writing it. Under her alter-ego, she is a well known book reviewer and blogger who doesn't shy away from voicing her opinion. A proud native of New Jersey, KT is multi-published and known for writing "out of the box" romances.


LaurieLu:  Why are you participating in NaNoWriMo?
KT: NaNoWriMo helps me stay disciplined and pushes me to write. It’s a successful experiment for me as a writer because I end up surprising myself by how much writing I can accomplish in a month.

LaurieLu:  What is your writing goal during NaNoWriMo?
KT: This year’s NaNoWriMo has helped me jump start on my next writing project. It helps me set up personal goals for myself. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to write the 50k words expected because I’m working on other projects, but it will be fun trying.

LaurieLu:  In your opinion, what is the greatest advantage of NaNoWriMO?
KT: The stress. If you obsess about writing those 50k words expected, you’ll drive yourself crazy. Write as much as you can and be proud of yourself, even if you don’t write the 50k words in a month. So many people who have never written before take part in NaNoWriMo, and even if they only write a few thousand words in a month, that’s more than what they started with. Don’t compare yourself to any other writer who is doing NaNoWriMo. If you do, you’re setting yourself up to fall.

LaurieLu:  Does it help to have writing buddies when participating in NaNoWriMo? Why or why not?
KT: I think it all depends on the person and who their writing buddies are. Writing buddies can push you along or you can commiserate with them, as well as share ideas and cheer each other on.

Laurielu:  What advice would you like to provide for NaNoWriMo participants who have never published?
KT: Take each day at a time. Know your limits and be proud you were able to write something that day. Not many people can write, let alone finish an entire book. For those who have never been published, NaNoWriMo is a great tool that may possibly help a writer get published in a future.

LaurieLu:  How can readers keep in touch with you?
KT: I’m everywhere! You can find me at my author website:  ktgrant.com
Twitter: @katiebabs
Decadent Publishing
Ravenous Romance
Phaze Books

Since our NaNoWriMo authors were under a lot of stress to complete their writing goals, Kendra and I decided to keep this next round of questions fun and simple.

Lou:

Boxers or briefs?
Boxer briefs. Wait... who am I taking them off of? #ItsRelevantYo



E-reader or Paperback?
E-reader



Long hair or short hair on a guy?
Short hair



Do you have any hidden talents?
Jackassery, snark, smut gathering



Who is your favorite fictional character ever?
Sherlock Holmes



Caffeine or Decaf?
Blasphemy!!! #CaffeineFTW



Favorite midnight snack?
Ice cream



Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
A total introvert... can’t you tell? *beams* (Laurielu snorts)



Salty or Sweet?
Both. Together. Chocolate covered pretzels are a foodgasm.



Almond Joy or Mounds?
Almond Joy. #ILikeNutsYo



Flowers or chocolate?
*snort* Chocolate!



Do you have any phobias or fears? 
Spiders, heights and anything resembling a buffet.



Are you a night person or morning person? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *takes a breath* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *wipes tears, looks at you* (Laurielu narrows eyes at Lou) Oh, you were serious? *clears throat and adjusts dignity* A night person.



Holidays - since we are amid many of them - which is your favorite? 
Last month, Halloween. This month, Christmas. *laughs* I love the holidays.
LaurieLu: I do, too.


Urban Fantasy or Paranormal Romance?  
PNR, baby!!!



One thing that never fails to make you happy and one thing that never fails to piss you off? 
Happy: Minion hugs
Pissed: Anyone messing with my minions.


Random Thought:
Who came up with the idea for conversation hearts? Was it the precursor to all other social media? Were those hearts just really small tweets?  


Mini Excerpt of the book Lou is writing:
“Sorry!” I said automatically. I looked up and blinked raindrops out of my eyes, trying to focus on the guy I’d just body checked. “I didn’t...” I trailed off as recognition dawned. “Bradley? Wha--” I shook my sopping hair out of my face and stared up at him in confusion. “What are you doing here?”

“You left the restaurant quite abruptly, Evelysse,” he said archly.

Great. The stick is lodged even further up his ass. I wondered how he’d managed that feat, but decided not to ask since he was obviously still a wee bit put out with me.


 Encouragement Tweets of the Week:
Our good friend Kyla Holt has provided us with some awesome tweets that reflect the heart of NaNoWriMo. Here they are in all their glory:

Kelly


Boxers or briefs?
Naked.
(Laurielu: Bahahahahahaha! I think I luvers you)

E-reader or Paperback?
Both.

Long hair or short hair on a guy?
Both.

Do you have any hidden talents?
I can sing, but not in public. Also, decorating for Halloween.

Who is your favorite fictional character ever?
That’s kind of like asking someone which of their children is their favorite.

Caffeine or Decaf?
Caffeine.

Favorite midnight snack?
Nutella.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Both. I’m quiet until I get to know people, then I let all the crazy out!

Salty or Sweet?
Sweet.

Almond Joy or Mounds?
Uggh. Straight chocolate, please, no weird extras.

Flowers or chocolate?
Chocolate.

Do you have any phobias or fears?
Spiders. Clowns. Bugs that fly at me. Running out of coffee creamer at a critical writing juncture. 

Are you a night person or morning person?
Night. And morning.

Holidays - since we are amid many of them - which is your favorite?
Halloween.

Urban Fantasy or Paranormal Romance?
Both. It entirely depends on my mood.

One thing that never fails to make you happy and one thing that never fails to piss you off?
Happy:  Werewolves.  Werewolves always make me happy.  Especially if they’re #NakedWerewolves.
(Laurielu: *fist bump* Yo!)
Mad:  Standing in line. OMG! I hate standing in line. Inevitably I end up angry and all crazy eyed. All those people. Close to me. Gross.

Random Thought: 
I’m craving some chili cheese tater tots right now. Mmmm.

Mini Excerpt from Kelly's book:
She'd rather face a rabid pack of hyenas than tell Peter Jamison that his arms around her earlier made her want to kiss him.
He was such a ... dork.
Well, a hunky dork now, but he used to be a dorky dork.  No way was she going to go that route.  She'd dated a nerd once.  He had taken her to a trading card tournament for their first date.
There hadn't been a second.

Conclusion:
Well, there will be a wrap up post in the coming week to wrap up the NaNoWriMo Journey. Stay tuned!




AND





3 comments:

Amanda @ On a Book Bender on December 5, 2011 at 10:41 AM said...

KELLY! TWINSIES! I'm always quiet around people I don't know and then I get all chatty. But I'm still an introvert, which I believe is defined by being "recharged by being alone" whereas extroverts are those who are recharged by being around people. I get around too many people and I just want to scream.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read this blog! Keep it going!

Anonymous said...

What a great blog