Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blood Rights by Kristin Painter

Posted by Gigi Pryce at 3:47 AM



To start us off here is what Goodreads.com says about Blood Rights by Kristin Painter:

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle’s body bears the telltale marks of a comarrĂ©—a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world…and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks. Now Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and superatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.

What I thought:
I absolutely LOVED this book and can't say it enough. I'd shout it from the rooftops if I could. There are so many elements to this book that make it unique that I don't really know where to start.Blood Rights was just such a good mix of urban fantasy and paranormal romance that you just won't find in other stories and I feel that is really lacking in the genre today. So, for me this book was a breath of fresh air.

Kristin Painter

I think the best part of this book for me - and I have to say this unreservedly -is that I'm the type of girl who loves a good love story but I don't want it to be mushy/mushy and take over the entire book. This book accomplishes this in spades and I love it. I also want to make note of the fact that I found the lore that was created and the twist on the vampire legend to be absolutely fantastic and by reading it, you can tell that there was a lot of thought put into it. I love how there is a little bit of everything as far as supernatural creatures  goes and even some new creatures that I have never heard of before which  just makes the book that much better. 

 If you are looking for a book that has a good blend of paranormal romance and urban fantasy then Blood Rights should be at the top of your "to be read pile."  I will just say this, start the book early in the day because once you start reading it you won't want to put it down. 

Happy Reading!!
Gigi

2 comments:

Jackie on November 16, 2011 at 8:51 AM said...

Reading, halfway through and already glad have 2nd book.

The author was at Readers and Rita's this weekend and she is very cool!

Mierke on November 18, 2011 at 5:42 AM said...

This sounds really good and that cover is just gorgeous!