Monday, September 12, 2011

Hunger Aroused by Dee Carney

Posted by Unknown at 11:20 AM
Hunger Aroused
Fantastic Read!

Jasmine goes home from work feeling like she has the bad case of the flu. What she has, though, is an unapproved case of vampirism. Corin, an executioner sent by the Council, is supposed to assassinate Jasmine once her transition is completed and he must also end the life of her sire for creating an unsanctioned vampire. Once Corin starts questioning Jasmine, she claims she does not have a sire. The situation Jasmine finds herself in is unprecedented and invites Corin to investigate the circumstances that led up to Jasmin's vampirism more fully.

As the story unfolds, Jasmin and Corin get caught up in Council politics and the dangerous curiosity of a very old vampire who takes an interest in Jasmin's unconventional situation. Corin has been an executioner of the Council for centuries and has led an emotionally unencumbered life until he meets the beautiful Jasmin.

This is definitely a 4 and a half star read. I absolutely loved this vampire tale! The very beginning of the book was a little off-putting for me in that it seemed... inane. As the story continued, however, it became very entertaining. The three days Jasmin and Corin spent together were sexy,joyous, challenging, loving, and tearful. Hunger Aroused by Dee Carney is a very absorbing paranormal adventure.

Happy Reading from Bona Fide Reflections!

View all my reviews



4 comments:

Jen at Red Hot Books on September 12, 2011 at 11:29 AM said...

I liked this one too. Although Corin's backstory was a little tough to read at times...

Sarah on September 13, 2011 at 6:16 AM said...

Is this an erotica? I've been looking around for some more vampire erotica for when I'm in "those" moods. I'll have to add this one to my list. Great review Laurie! :)

♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

Bona Fide Reflections on September 13, 2011 at 9:47 AM said...

Testing

Anonymous said...

Hello, just required you to know I he added your internet site to my Google bookmarks due to your layout. But seriously, I feel your world wide web website has 1 in the freshest theme I??ve came across. It extremely helps make reading through your web site significantly easier.